Four leading experts from Australia and overseas unpack some of the key challenges facing parents & people who work with children.
Raising young children is increasingly challenging in a world that’s moving faster than ever before. We are often time-poor and information-overloaded, and our children are statistically fatter, sadder, more anxious and struggling emotionally and socially.
In 2018, Maggie Dent brought together some of her favourite experts for a fantastically received, three-city Australian conference tour. This conference is now available for you to watch at your own pace on video.
Our speakers explore many of the major issues that families face, which in turn can make care, education and learning more challenging. They focus on the important things that every family can do to help their children shine.
Some of the stuff we cover:
- Disciplining your kids without messing them up
- Making the transition to school successfully
- Connecting to kids even when they’re challenging
- Understanding facts not fears about what technology is doing to our kids
- Helping kids with self-regulation
- Using technology in a healthy way – and stopping the fights!
- Getting kids to listen (so you can stop yelling)
- Understanding the unique needs and challenges of boys
- Managing hot-button issues like sibling conflict, school & chores.
- Supporting boys with getting to and through school
“Thanks so much for a fantastic day! The speakers were all amazing and I feel inspired to make changes for and with my family.”