The bumpy ride from childhood to adulthood can be a very challenging, confusing and risky time… but it doesn’t have to be.
With the right tools in your kit bag, an understanding of what’s going on and some good support, adolescence can also be an amazing time to learn new things, find your passion and have fun.
What’s in the Kit Bag?
3 x e-books for you to skim through when you need information and strategies…
- Taking the High Road
- Brain Power: Maximising Your Amazing Mind
- Chill’n Skills: Managing Life and Building Resilience
7 x audio tracks*, some to give you information and others to help you de-stress, relax or create something through visualisation…elite athletes have been using visualisation for years, to help them reach their goals.
- The Bumpy Ride
A 30-minute track to help you understand the strange things that might be happening in your mind and in your world as a teen.
- Matthew’s Story
A 3-minute story from ‘What My Favourite Teacher Taught Me’ in which Maggie remembers a boy called Matthew, whom she met in her first year of teaching.
- Relax and Escape
A deep 15-minute relaxation track, great to use before exams, driving tests and to de-stress
- Flight Fantasy
Another 15-minute relaxation, using breath, colour, music and the imagery of a bird in flight to take listeners on a relaxing, contemplative journey.
- Dare to Dream
A 15-minute creative visualisation that enables you to manifest a clear dream, goal or intention that you’d like to create in your life.
- Accepting Myself
A 15-minute creative relaxation to bring you to a place where you feel comfortable with yourself, no matter who you are, no matter where you are and no matter what has happened in your life.
- Creating Success
A 10-minute creative visualisation using colour and breath to encourage listeners to release any doubt, confusion and anxiety they are feeling. They are then guided to fill their cups with a sense of being calm, confident and capable. Great to build mental focus for manifesting dreams and goals.
Life skills checklists for day-to-day living as an independent young adult.
This resource pack is full of information to help you stay healthy and make the bumpy ride to adulthood a bit smoother.
*NB these audio tracks are not suitable for listening while driving or operating any form of machinery.
This Kit Bag is designed to give you the skills to:
- Understand and manage stress, anxiety, depression and emotional overwhelm
- Boost your brain power to think more clearly and accelerate your learning
- Learn how to deal with the intense emotions that adolescence brings
- Know what’s going on up there in your developing brain
- Look after your body and mind to give yourself the best shot at health and happiness
- Be more assertive, communicate better and set goals to be successful
- Be the best YOU that you can possibly be.